Sunday, September 28, 2008

The PHONE CALL




OMGosh!! I got THE phone call. I was sleeping on saturday morning and at about 5:30 my phone rang, so i jumped up to answer it, and there was a lady on the other line, mam this is ________ from green valley grocery on Alexander and Lamb, i am calling to let you know your husband has just been in a motorcycle accident! So of course I ask the normal questions... is he going to be ok, what happened, and she didn't have many answers for me! Only that they were loading him into the ambulance So by that time I was already looking for my keys and stuff! Well i couldn't find them for a minute, So I woke up my neighbor boy (Doug) and told him John was just in an accident, i have to go to vegas, are you coming with or watching the kids, he chose to watch the kids (thank goodness) so out the door I go. On my way to Vegas, I called the number back, talked to an Officer, they told me the injuries were not life threatening, and that he was going to be fine and he told me where they were going.. UMC TRAUMA... I also called my mom, john's work friend, Barbara (I sent her on her way to the hospital until i could get there) Ryan, and Kayla... anyways.. i get almost to the hospital, and John tells me, I don't want you to see me like this I am in a C-Brace (neck brace) I told him that was tough stuff cause I was going to see him how ever he was, he IS MY HUSBAND!! so he said 'alright' So i get to the hospital and find out the story:
He was already at work, took a benedryl, made him tired, left work to go to his mom's house to sleep cause of the benedryl, and on his way there about 3 blocks from his mom's house the benedryl got the best of him, he fell asleep and hit the Median, according to the police report he was only going about 25. It popped him up, and back down HARD!!! He cracked his helment and it was a top-of-the line helment! He fractured his clavical (collar bone) and it shifted according to the dr. 1/4 inch. He also got some pretty ugly road rash!!!
He has to go to the Orthopedic surgeon on monday to see about surgery, also has to go to the burn unit on either monday or tuesday to have his road rash cleaned again! He is in A LOT of pain, and to top it off, dont' think he will be working for 6-12 weeks! Thank Goodness I got my job, granted i only make about half of what john does, but it's money none the less... so.. just when we think we are getting ahead We get a big 'o' whack on the head!! here are some pictures :(

Please say a prayer for me and my family!! thanks :)

2 comments:

Taylor Family said...

WOW I am glad he is ok!! Thats way scary!! Just another reason why my husband doesnt have a street bike!!

Taylor Family said...

I hear you!! I know he didnt have a street bike, I was just saying another reason why he doesnt have one!! I should of said another reason why I dont want him to have a two wheeled motor vehical!! ha ha!! How is he feeling??